About Us » Community
eegee's is proud to be deeply involved with many community organizations. The company sponsors several events each year and contributes products to hundreds of organizations.
Annually, eegee's donates more than 375,000 loaves of its day-old bread to the Casa Maria Soup Kitchen to help feed the hungry and homeless of Tucson. The Salvation Army receives over 900 pounds of meat and cheese from eegee's each month. The company has also received national recognition for its community recycling program, "Recycling for People First!" instituted in 1987.
In 1995 eegee's received the Governor's Pride in Arizona Award for the best recycling program in cities of 80,000 people or more. Also in 1995, eegee's was the recipient of the Tucson Advertising Federation's first William M. Clements Community Service Award. In November of 1999 the company received the National Society of Fund Raising Executives' Corporate Philanthropy Award in recognition of eegee's ongoing fund raising programs for Tucson non-profit organizations.
Did You Know?
- eegee's was founded in Arizona in 1971 by
two young men from Rhode Island.
- Today, all of our eegee's restaurants are
- The first item to be sold by eegee's was
- It was customers who named our frozen
fruit drinks "eegee's".
- The three original frozen fruit drink flavors were
Lemon, Strawberry & Orange.
- We produced more than 850,000 gallons of
eegee's last year.
- Our best selling sandwich is the "original